VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:07:40 -0400
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 6:28 AM
Subject: Turn text files into audio files

> Don't Have Time to Read, Listen - New Text-to-AudioTurn Documents into
Audio Files Using Natural voices

> The Award winning new program, Text-To-Audio uses AT&T's Natural Voices to
quickly convert documents to compact audio files.

>   a.. Make your own audio books on CD.
>   b.. Proofread your own documents by Listening.
>   c.. Works with virtually any Word processor.
>   d.. Convert Web Pages to Audio Files.
>   e.. It's Fast, you can process an hour long audio file in just four
minutes.
>   f.. 9 output styles, including MP3, Standard Wave, GSM, and DSP.
>   g.. In just a few minutes turn an Ebook to an Audio Book..
>

> Only $49.95 - Free Shipping for orders placed before May 15, 2002
>

> Go to our site to hear the natural voices
>
> http://www.premier-programming.com/doc-read.htm
>

> Text-To-Audio is an easy to use tool that converts documents to audio
files.  It uses AT&T's Natural Voices to quickly and compactly converts
documents into audio files. These award-winning voices provide clear,
naturally sounding audio output.  Text-To-Audio can turn Ebooks to books on
tape.

> Text-To-Audio is fast. It can produce an hour's worth of audio in just 4
minutes.  This 15 to 1 conversion time will allow you to quickly convert
those manuals into audio files.  Finally, fit reading back into your
schedule by turning that reading into portable compact audio files that you
can listen to while traveling or exercising.

> Text-To-Audio creates very compact files. Audio files traditionally take
up a lot of room.  With Text-To-Audio you can create audio files in 9
different formats, including MP3, Standard Wave, DSP, and GSM.  With some of
these formats you can get up to a 50 to 1 compression.  A standard wave file
of 10 megabytes can be compressed to just a little over 200K. These
compressed wave files can still be played with Microsoft's standard media
player. Make these files portable by downloading them to an MP3 player or by
burning them to an audio CD and playing them in a regular CD Stereo.

> Text-To-Audio allows you to select up to 20 documents to convert at one
time. Each document can have it's own setting and voice selection.
Text-To-Audio can use virtually any type of word processor file. It can read
Microsoft Word, HTML, Rich Text and Standard ASCII file formats. Break an
Ebook up into chapters and then select a different voice for each chapter to
give you some variation.  The output files can be set up to go into the same
or separate output folders.

> Text-To-Audio has a built in word processor that allows readers to
preview, or edit the document before the audio file is created. Readers can
hear what the voice sounds like, and adjust the speech rate and voice pitch.
The talking word processor, also works well as a proof reading tool. When
readers use the word processor to read a document the word is highlighted as
it is being spoken, making it easier for the reader to follow along.  The
combination of both audio and visual can significantly increase the reader's
comprehension.