VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2015 09:42:15 -0400
Hi again VICUG group,
After posting my message earlier today, I did some online digging and
thanks to the Jarte web site have the issue stated as my subject.
How to find documents previously created in Word by using Jarte.
Changes were made using Jarte and file replaced during save.
Now, when checking the items list with g colon slash from the start
search menu, title comes up but when pressing enter my NVDA reads
filename and extension, RTF.
The big kicker is that "My Documents" does not exist in Windows Seven.
The Jarte materials seem dated.
-Does "document folder" accessed from the start menu by pressing right
arrow once, tapping the letter d until hearing "documents",
insert a storage drive if the document wanted is there,
opening the thumb drive folder,
finding file name with arrow keys, pressing enter to open,
replace what was "my documents?"
If so, I am only getting file name and extension, no corresponding text.
Sorry to belabor this  but do not know any other way to specify the
issue at hand. Thanks again.
Kindly,
 David Russell

 --
A good, sympathetic review is always a wonderful surprise.
Joyce Carol Oates

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]