VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy Ruell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Ruell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:49:16 -0400
Hello all,
I am writing this quick note late on Wednesday night to keep you up to date
and to remind you of a few important things.  Please get your recipes in to
Ginny and Pauline for the VIBUG cookbook.  Also, don't forget to join us on
our weekly VIBUG chat on Thursday at 8:00 P.M.  Last week several of us
discussed networking computers, the variable connections with cable and
dial-up modems, and other varied topics.  I will be sending out the
amendment to the bylaws by the beginning of next week.  Members, please be
sure to review these changes and come prepared to discuss and vote on this
issue in May.  Finally, I visited the Carroll Center today and got a brief
glimpse and a short demonstration of the Braille Note.  Larry Lewis of
Humanware assures me that I will have a unit in hand several days before
our meeting so that I can learn it sufficiently to demonstrate some of its
primary features.  As my exposure to the product will be quite limited, I
plan to give all of you an opportunity to examine the unit and view this as
more of a hands-on exhibit than a demonstration given by a knowledgeable
user.
My apologies for the tardiness of this note.  My children are on vacation
this week and I have squeezed in two Celtics games, a trip to the Museum of
Science, a BSO concert, and bowling along with VIBUG activities, work, and
the normal routine.  As my list subscribers know, I often do not get to
peruse my e-mail until odd hours and even as I write this I have 400 new
messages to screen and filter.  Please keep in touch and let me know if you
have suggestions, questions,or ideas.

Amy Ruell, VIBUG President