VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:00:28 -0400
Dory,

I am not exactly sure of what it is you are trying to do or not to do.
However, two several things come to mind.

First, it might be easier if you open two copies of internet explorer, one
in your audible downloads folder, and one looking at your stream's memory
card.  Then you highlight one in your downloads folder, copy it, then alt
tab to the explorer window pointing to your memory card and paste.  Then
you can just alt-tab back and forth to your heart's content.

Secondly, I don't believe you should really care if the files in the
folder you are pasting to are highlighted or not.  I don't see any reason
why you need to un-highlight them or back out of the folder.  Just do
another copy and paste as you wish.  It shouldn't hurt anything if things
are highlighted when you paste.  You don't actually have to refresh the
screen after you paste to see the file you just pasted, it will
automatically appear at the bottom of the list box, if you refresh the
screen, it will at least put it in the proper location in the list for
you.

Lastly, if you are trying to copy several files from one folder to
another folder:  hold down the control key as you arrow up and down the
list of books, then on each book that you wish to copy, hit the space bar,
that will highlight that book.  As long as you don't let go of the control
key as you arrow up and down, any item you select with the space bar,
stays highlighted.  Then you do a control C and anything that was
highlighted is copied to the clipboard, then go to the other folder and
paste, and vwa la all the files are copied in one fell swoop.

Hope that helps.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi