VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:01:57 -0400
Hi:
I'm forwarding on this message with the hope that someone
on this list can help.
Please send any responses
to: [log in to unmask]
Thanks.
Rachel

From:   IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "David Goldfield" 11-AUG-1998 12:42:15.97
To:     IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Phil Kragnes", IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Star Gazer", IN%"[log in to unmask]", IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "[log in to unmask]"
CC:
Subj:   encyclopedias

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:27:21 -0400
From: David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: encyclopedias
To: Phil Kragnes <[log in to unmask]>, Star Gazer <[log in to unmask]>,
 [log in to unmask], "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, all.  While I have had good success in using an old 1994 Grolliers' CD
with JFW, the Compton's 98 CD is dismal as far as access is concerned, as
there don't seem to be any accessible menus to launch programs from within
the CD.  Are there any configurations for Comptons 98, or is it hopeless?
What encyclopedias work well with speech packages, mainly JFW 3.2 and
Window-eyes 2.1?  I'd like to make this Comptons' disk work if I can, but
perhaps it's a lost cause.  I can, more or less, find articles that I want
and view them, sort of anyway, but the timeline seems totally hopeless.
      Godspeed
     David Goldfield