VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Blanton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Blanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:19:01 -0500
I sent this out to the shop email list.  I thought you might like to
know as well.  Depending on how much free time I get today, This has all
happened so fast.  Other than Steve and I spending our first Christmas
apart, this is working out real well as he can run the shop the week
between Christmas and the first if the year while I am stuck, sitting on
my butt in New Jersey, at my brother's  I have been waiting for this to
come to pass since September of 2000.  FINALLY I will get my second eye
worked on.

I have to leave tomorrow morning for New York City for some very special
and important surgery.  This is part of an FDA Human Surgical Trial I,
surprisingly, had a very big part in getting started.  It is outpatient
surgery to remove a cataract from my right eye, insert the device that
is undergoing the Trial, an Iris Reconstruction Implant and then have an
new Inter Ocular Lens implanted.  I will be in surgery at 10:00 AM
Monday, 12/27.  Because this is done as part of the FDA Trials, I have
to remain in the New York Metro Area for a week.  I will be returning
early on Tuesday, 1/4.  (6:00 AM flight out of New York / Newark
International Airport.

In my absence, my husband, Steve, will be running the store with the
always helpful and exuberant Calabar at his side.  The shop will be open
its normal hours of Tuesday - Saturday 10 - 6.  He has somewhat of an
idea of what we do, but he is not as up on things as we are, so please
be kind to him and be patient if he does not understand everything you
might ask him about.  He is being a really good sport for doing this.  I
will be coming straight from Atlanta / Hartsfield International Airport
to the shop on Tuesday, 1/4.  I will not be here by my usual 10:00 AM,
but will be here as fast as AirTran, MARTA and GCTrans can get me here.

I apologize for any incontinence this may cause any of you that want to
start shopping and stitching for next Christmas or any of you that may
get a gift card from The Needlework House.  As soon as I can get here, I
will open.  Despite the fact this surgery is part of an FDA Human
Surgical Trial, it is actually almost as trivial as "standard" Cataract
Surgery, so after sitting up in New Jersey for a week, I will be back at
100%.  Possibly just a LITTLE tired from having to be at the airport
between 4:00 AM and 5:00 AM that morning.

I am hoping to have a model done with the Dinky Dyes I am getting from
Australia when I get back.  Jo sent me a pattern of a Celtic Hears and
three different colors from her silk line.  As soon as we can get them
here from Down Under, I will have the complete line of cotton and silk
fibers and the patterns as well.  I am going to work with Jo to try and
get the fabric the models the patterns display here.  The Celtic Heart
was done on a 28 count fabric from Down Under and I am sure Jo can help
me get these very unique fabrics in to go with the equally unique fibers
and patterns.  I am really excited about being able to offer something
like this to you.  (Once you stitch with these very yummy fibers, you
will be as hooked as I am.)
-
Mary P. Blanton, Owner
The Needlework House