VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:23:51 -0500
hate to steal anyone's thunder, but the notion that there are no screen reader friendly radio station search sites is totally proposterous.
In addition to Bill Spark's site

www.billsparks.org

Let me point out the following sites which I use regularly:

Mike's Radio World
www.mikesradioworld.com

vtuner
www.vtuner.com
they too offer a tuner program; but it isn't necessary to use the listings).

Streaming Radio Guide
http://streamingradioguide.com

Radio Locator
www.radio-locator.com

Reciva
www.reciva.com

In addition, there are specialty sites such as

www.thegamlive.com

for sports programming

and

www.christiantuner.com

for Christian stations and shows.

It's great to have another alternative, but let's view it just as that and not suggest that other sites aren't screen reader friendly.
I hope that this program has more to offer than just saying it's screen reader friendly.

And personally, rather than using a program to attempt to keep track of all stations I might want to listen to, I just store audio links in my IE Favorites.
And if the above sites aren't considered screen reader friendly, I'd like someone to explain why they're not.  I use them regularly and consider them all collectively as a treasuretrove of invaluable listings.

Once again, I wish plenty of success to the creators of this program.
However, those of you who choose to use it should be aware that the reason
you should use it is because you like it and not because other resources
are not screen reader friendly.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]