VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:04:44 -0500
From: "Doug Kaufman" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 4:21 AM
Subject: New DOS version of lynx available

I have just made a new DOS binary of the lynx browser available
on my web site (version 2.8.5dev.16). This has newer encryption,
avoiding some of the weaknesses found in the old version. This version
also uses "Color Styles" which allows you to customize how various
html tags are displayed. For this to work you will need to edit the
supplied lynx.lss file. Lynx now checks the validity of the supplied
certificate when you go to a secure site. You will need to install a
file of trusted root certificates for this to work. Please see the
CHANGES file for details on changes since the previous release.

Note that this is for use in plain DOS only, not in a DOS window under
Microsoft Windows. If you are running Windows, please get a Windows
binary.

The binary is available at "http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html".
                           Doug

--