VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:37:58 -0800
Hi all,

This is a long rambling post about an error message. It refers to a
script, and my question is, "What script is it referring to?"

I have trouble with the Audible website off and on. When I type the URL
in my browser's address bar and hit enter, the page often hangs, but
when I click on an email link or run a Google search like, "Dracula,
Audible," and hit enter on a result link, I can access the website
without any trouble. I'm much more likely to have problems when using
Firefox, but I have plenty of trouble with Internet Explorer too. After
a couple of weeks of frustration, the website opened up for me in
Internet Explorer tonight, so I was able to download some books. Hurrah!

Anyway, here's the situation:

Today, when I typed the URL in IE9 and hit enter, the browser didn't
respond, so I thought I was going to have another unsuccessful attempt.
Then as I tabbed around to figure out what was going on, I found a
message that said something like, "IE isn't responding because a long
script is running." It gave me the option to cancel or stop the script.
I stopped the script. The website started to reload. It hung again. I
got the same script error, but after I stopped the script the second
time, the website loaded successfully, and I was able to find and
download my books.

What is the script? Is it a Jaws script, a Flash script, a Java script?
I'm wondering if this is the thing that makes the site so hard for me to
use. If so, I'd like to fix it.

Does anyone know, or has anyone else had this issue with Audible.com?

I'm using Windows 7, Jaws 13, IE9, and the newest Firefox. I recently
reset my browsers because I was having more than the usual number of
crashes. I updated Java and Flash within the last week.

Any thoughts?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]