VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Angela Klocek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Klocek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:51:47 -0500
A while back I mentioned we were having problems
installing DecTalk.  to this date, it still has not been
done correctly.  :-(  Ok, so now I'm asking for help
again.  The software which came with the DecTalk is
on a diskette, not a CD.  The Dec is a Dec Express
Synthesizer version 4.20.  Does anyone else use this
version? If so, did your version come with a diskette
or a CD?  Should I contact the place we purchased the
software from and request a CD?  Or should I contact the makers of DecTalk?
I would hate to have to have the
library department pay more for the CD, if that is
what it was supposed to come with.
One of the patrons recommended somehow (didn't say how)
connecting the Dectalk to Jaws to have it be a synthesizer of Jaws.  Has
anyone done this?  Does it work?  Is it easy to do?
Ok, I think I have my questions all out of the way for
now.  Can you respond back directly to me so the list
isn't bombarded with responses??  Thanks. :-)

Angela Klocek
Asst. Reference Librarian
St. Clair County Library
St. Clair County Michigan