VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:08:47 -0400
Hi all,
Here's the problems I need help with.
1.  I'm now using windows media version 10 which I just upgraded to.  However, now, whenever I connect and play a windows media file, the file plays, but now, the dum thing is saying "please wait while windows media player contacts the msn store."  Now folks, I don't want this stupid thing contacting the msn store, how can I get rid of that contacting it, so it won't contact the msn store?
2.  Someone told me to upgrade to version 10 of media player, and my problem would be solved.  Well it's not.  So, here's the problem.
I can play a file in windows media player on billsparks.org like from a radio station, etc., but, then, the moment I play a file in winamp which is a winamp file, then, I go back and try to play a windows media file, windows media player comes up and says, "the file you are trying to playing cannot be played by the default player.  It is corrupted."  So, then I have to go into windows media player and configer it again by going to options then going to the file types page, then clicking the select all button, then clicking apply, then clickinbg ok.  Then I can play any windows media file again, at least until I play a winamp file, then of course any windows media file won't play because the default player which is suppose to be media player cannot play the file.
So, what in the world do I do about this?
Harry