VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Monthian Buntan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Monthian Buntan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:54:10 +0800
Hi folks,

Sorry again for cross-posting.  I really need some creative suggestions.
I'm writing a very huge project proposal on behalf of Thailand Association
of the Blind of which I'm the first vice president.  Our plan is to
establish the first national electronics servers for the Blind in
Thailand.  This server should have the capacity of hosting all kinds of
files in all possible formats which are accessible to blind and print
disabled people.  I would like it to be stable, easy to be managed by
blind people (including system management).  The storage space should be
as much as possible for our current and future technology.  To be
specific, I want suggestions on what hardware and software specification
for this purpose.  All of them must be easily upgradable, expandable or
even replaceable.  I myself am leaning towards linux since it is an open
source system.  As far as hardware is concerned, I still don't have any
idea in the way I could make my solid decision yet.  Any suggestions and
comments are certainly welcome.  Please feel free to reply privately as
the matter may not be of interest to most people.

Regards,

Thian.