VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 18:51:17 -0800
Hi All,

In a nutshell, I'm having trouble with the Freedom Scientific e-store,
and I'm wondering if any of you can suggest workarounds.

My Jaws home annual license is about to expire, so I've been trying to
renew it off and on for the past week, but I'm having trouble.

Using Chrome and Windows 10 20h2, I'm not able to complete check out. I
can add the one-year license to cart, go into the cart, and go into the
check out screen. On the checkout screen, I find headings for Customer
Information and Billing Information. Under those headings are fields for
my email address, first and last name, postal address, and phone number.
There are also buttons for Saving the information for laterĀ  and for
Canceling. Even when I fill everything out and check the Save item, Jaws
doesn't show me any way of moving to the next screen, which will
presumably ask for my credit card number, etc. When I go through
checkout using Narrator or NVDA, I find that there is a button for
moving on, but the screen reader reports it as busy and disabled.

I don't remember having trouble with this last year. This year, I've
been trying for about a week, so I don't think this is a case of the
gremlins.

Any wisdom?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at