VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:54:21 -0700
Doris:
You didn't say what version of Windows your computer is using. I am using Windows XP, and here are the steps you need to follow if you have that.

1) Go to your Start menu.
2) Press p for programs.
3) Arrow up or down until your synthesizer says "Internet Explorer".
4) Press the "properties" key (or right mouse click key). This is the key directly to the left of the right-hand ctrl key.
5) Move your up or down arrow keys until you hear "Send To Submenu, then use the right arrow key to enter this submenu.
6) use your up or down arrow keys until you hear "Send to Desktop (create shortcut). Press Enter on that option.
8) (Optional) If you don't want the desktop icon to read "Shortcut to Internet Explorer", then you would find the icon on your desktop, press the properties key, arrow up or down until you reach "Rename", press the enter key, tab once then shift+tab once, write "Internet Explorer", and press Enter.

Hope this helps.

Ted

---- doris marvel fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Somehow or other, it seems I have managed to remove internet explorer access
from my desktop.  I can get to it by going to start menu programs and
hitting i.  Anybody know how I can get it back onto the desktop?  I went
through the recycle bin but did not see it there. I'm not techy so I need
pretty detailed instructions.  Thanks.
dory

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]