VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:28:36 -0400
Hello Becky H. and others that may add to this thread

Well that depends on what you are going to use the San Disk brand for. It
will work with your computer for saving files and such but may not work at
all if you use it with the BARD site to read books using the NLS player.

Certain brands of flash drive are problematic when used with the NLS player.
Flash drives should not have any software such as U3 or any divider on the
drive.  The Kingston DataTraveler first generation has worked fine with the
NLS players. This brand's second generation does have file management
software and a removal tool as reported on the BARD talk mailing list.