VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2020 09:13:16 -0400
One of the strangest & funniest bugs I heard about was in Excel.  There was
an interface between Excel & the mainframe, hundreds of thousands of rows
involved.  It crashed & after taking some time to test it turned out that
someone's last name was an Excel reserved word like sum or add.  The
developer just had to add an ' in front of the name & all was well.

Sherry Wells