VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2019 15:20:13 -0500
Hi all,

For 20 years, I have been able to track tornado watch/warnings for all
areas outside of my local area, through the braille.wunderground.com site

but not any more.

The page is gone, but even worse than that, You can try going to

https://www.wunderground.com/severe.asp

If it does for you what it did for me, the page won't load in Jaws,
NVDA, Narrator.

If it does load, it does every once in a while, you won't be able to
read tornado watch or warning info for every state!

So, we again don't have access to this info.

As my friend, Brian, who is on this list, has said, and nobody pays
attention to him, "the way things are going, in a few years, we won't
have access to much, and I'm suppose to feel good about that?"

I'm going to submit the web page to Larry Lewis, at the pacielo group,
and hopefully, he can make some head way, but today there's going to be
severe weather in the country, and I no longer have access to the info
that I've had access to, for 20 years! The only thing that Alexa gives
you is the severe weather outlook for today, which is a fabulous thing,
because at least you know the general outlook for severe weather across
the country for the day, but no tornado watches and warnings when
they're issued outside of our area.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]