VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 May 2017 14:49:43 -0700
     David,

My experience with TalkBack is like your experience with Voiceover.
Users simply swipe vertically or horizontally to find out if there's
more info. some apps have tabs across the top or bottom of the screen
(e.g., the phone app has Speed Dial, Call History, and Contacts). Users
can either swipe horizontally with two fingers one or more times or tap
one of the tabs.

Once in a very long while, I come across an app that has a scroll icon.
Mostly it's been confusing because the swipe works and because the
scroll icon doesn't do so consistently. Of course, I can't think of any
examples right now.

Hope this helps.

Ciao

On 5/5/2017 10:41 AM, David Goldfield wrote:
> My subject line may be a bit verbose and so I'll explain what I'm
> asking. When you have a mobile app with a scroll bar, is there a
> standard method for conveying this with Talkback so that a visually
> impaired user would then know that they can perform the appropriate
> swipe gesture to access additional content. With iOS, I've never seen
> how this is conveyed. With VoiceOver, you often just have to try the
> three-finger swipe left or right to see if you can access additional
> information and I'm wondering if this is the case with Talkback on Android.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]