VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:30:00 -0600
Hello All:

I'm trying to help a client that is using Windows Internet Explorer 7.
He wants to be able to listen to www.foxnewstalk.com.  When he goes to
the site, then presses enter on the Listen Live link, no audio comes up.
however, when I go to the same site running IE 7 and press enter on the
Listen Live link, I pick up the streaming audio.

It appears that when you press enter on the Listen Live link on this
site, it takes you to an html page which is probably running some sort
of Java applett.  Sounds simple enough, right, just make sure my
client's IE 7 Java options are set up.  Well, when I go into
tools->options from Internet Explorer 7 on my system, then ctrl-tab over
to advanced, I can find a list item that says (Java (sun) opened.
However, when we go to the same place on the client's machine, there is
no such Java (sun) opened item.

I went to tools->options in IE 7 on my system and tried disabling Sun
Java Console to see if I could re-create the problem.  After doing this,
the Listen Live link at foxnewstalk.com still works for me.

Does anyone have any ideas of things we can try?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)