VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2015 20:11:55 -0700
Dan,

Thanks for the tip on disabling Cortana. How do you do it?

The various websites I've found tell me the same thing you do: press the
Start key and go into Settings. When I do, I find System, Devices,
Network and Internet, Personalization, Accounts, Time and Language, Ease
of Access, Privacy, and Update and Security. I've gone into most of
them, but I'm not finding Cortana. Then I typed Cortana into a search
box, but that only took me to a setup wizzard of some sort.

I'm feeling really stupid because I know I often came across an option
with lots of handy settings, like Wi-Fi and Cortana, while I was new to
my tablet, but I'm not finding it on my desktop computer.

Thanks for any help.

Ciao

On 10/18/2015 12:51 PM, Dan Rossi wrote:
> Ana,
>
> If you want your start searches to only search your computer, you need
> to go into settings and turn off Cortana for searches.  Then yor start
> menu searches will stick to just your local machine and not go out
> onto the web for everything, which I agree, is annoying.  Also, you
> probably want to set your default browser to IE, until Edge is working
> better.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]