VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:07:36 -0500
I just got a new Toshiba laptop computer with Windows 7.  I also installed
Office 2010 since I have a discount for that at work.  Everything is
basically working but I am having a few problems.  I am using the latest
version of JAWS with the latest build.  The SayAll command to read isn't
working in Microsoft Outlook.  In addition, I had trouble finding all of the
settings I need to change to get Outlook to work well with JAWS.  It seems
that in Office 2010 some of the settings which were available in 2007 have
either been removed or are not available in the ribbons.  I've noticed
sometimes that a ribbon won't be available unless some option is turned on.
For example, I can't find the option to compress my inbox and have looked
through all of the ribbons and options.
I am also having problems with Windows Explorer.  I don't quite understand
the way files and folders are organized.  There are more tabs than in
Windows XP and if you don't select the right one nothing will be
highlighted.  I'm starting to work with applications but it is slow since so
many things have changed from Windows XP.  I talked to a technician from
Freedom Scientific and he couldn't give me any information about how to
configure Windows 7.  I also haven't been able to get help from my friends.
On top of that, I'm using a pacmate Braille display and sometimes the whiz
wheels don't scroll properly even though I have them set to focus panning.
I'm almost at wits end and would appreciate some help.  I may have taken on
more than I can handle since I'm also learning to use the Iphone and haven't
gotten adequate information about using it with a bluetooth Braille display.
There doesn't seem to be much documentation of commands and Apple wasn't of
any help.  I'm sorry to vent like this but could really appreciate some help
with Windows 7 and using the IPhone with a bluetooth display.

Thanks,
Dan

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]