VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:04:53 -0500
Hi Yvonne and listers:
I'm interested in the comments about Gmail and AOL "driving me crazy".
Gmail seems so easy for me, I use it online and store no Email on any
machine and have all my folders etc just like one might have in
Outlook.  The benefits I've found are these:
1. Nothing ever lost in a computer crash or change.
2. No lack of continuity if and when internet services change.
3. Access to all my material whereever I am and from whatever machine I choose.
4. Darn near infinite storage.
5. An easy interface with fast delivery and easy retrieval.

I used to use Hotmail and, in fact, still have a Hotmail address that
I've forwarded to my Gmail account.

I used Outlook for a few years with a couple of employers and thought
it was a bit bloated and not particularly intuitive so, for my
personal stuff I've just stayed on Gmail online.
 I'd love to see more opinions and discussion on this thread; I've set
my wife up with a Gmail account and she uses it across two platforms
Apple IPhone and her NetBook.  I've used Gmail from Windows '98 thru
Windows 10 quite seamlessly. I have, however, given up worrying about
privacy and tracking because I feel that it is inevitable in this day
and age; if I want private I'll encrypt things.
Steve Hoad

--
 Steve Hoad