VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2018 00:12:18 -0400
Hi folks,

Using windows 10, April update, jaws 2018, and studio recorder, for
recording and editing audio.

Here's the problem. I needed to edit a file, and I copied it to the
clipboard, then pasted it into the downloads folder, which is studio
recorders default folder for working with files.

So, I got out of the folder, and went back to the desktop, then started
studio recorder, then, pressed control o for open file, then tabbed down
to recent folders, which said it was my downloads folder, and I pressed
enter, and the file is not, there!!!

As a matter of fact, not only is it not there, but 30 other files are
not there, but when I'm out of studio recorder, and I go into the
downloads folder, all the files are there. Now folks, there is only 1,
downloads folder on my computer, so, what in the heck is going on? I've
never had this problem before, it's like a mystery, the case of the
missing files!

This program has been my audio editor for years, and if it is going to
do this crap, I will not use it, and I'll use some other audio editor,
because there are others out there.

So, if anyone has any clues that I don't, let me know.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]