VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:56:32 -0400
From: "Scott Luebking" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 2:49 PM
Subject: Emergency assistance for stranded disabled flyers

Hi,

An issue has come up about how to help disabled passengers who are
standed at airports and might need medical supplies, attendants, etc.  I
was thinking that many people are on this list are well connected and
from numerous locations.  What about using this list as some kind of
emergency communication mechanism in case of a disabled passenger is
identified at an airport?  I've started send email to people I know at
some airlines to let them know this might be of possible help.  If you
know of people at airlines, you might also want to let them know there
might be some way to assist stranded disabled passengers.

Scott