VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:26:34 -0800
Firefox works pretty much the same as Internet Explorer. The two big
differences I remember are that you use ctrl+l, not ctrl+o, to go to a
new URL and that you hit ctrl+d, not alt+a followed by enter, to save a
bookmark. As others have said, the best way to learn Firefox is to
download it and explore the menus. Most things are where you expect, but
there are a few surprises.

If your reason for switching is that your university requires IE9,
Firefox may not be the answer to your problem. I finally broke down and
upgraded to Windows 7 last fall because my campus required IE9. Firefox
is my default browser, and though it works just fine on most campus
pages, there are a few--the ones associated with rosters, grades, and
employee stuff--that tell me I need to use IE9 to gain access. So ...
try Firefox, but you may need to make the big switch anyway.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]