VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:44:32 -0500
Hi FOLKS:

Wonder if you can help me.

I am having trouble with MSN Messenger.  i try configuring the Tuning Wizard
but when it comes to testing the microphone, MSN tells me that the wizard
detects no sound from my microphone.

I have noticed that when it comes to configuring the microphone and speaker
settings the program keeps defaulting to "None" in the microphone combo box.

I know that the microphone is working as I can hear my voice through it but
the Messenger program doesn't seem to recognise it.  Do you have any
suggestions as to what the problem might be.

Could there be audio settings elsewhere interfering with Messenger?  Wonder
if I need to restore any default settings elsewhere in Windows or anywhere
else.

I am using MSN Messenger 4.6 and have windows 98 second edition running.

If you have any thoughts whatsoever i'd be appreciative.

many thanks.

DOREEN.

P.S  I have checked my microphone and headset and they are both plugged in
securely.  I have also checked the Windows volume utility which seems okay
though i confess i am not too familiar with this.

Just two other quick points:  When i type messages to an instant message
recipient there appears to be no problem but when i talk a message shows up
on the recipient's screen that my computer is experiencing problems.  It is
also worth noting that whilst I am unable to talk to friends through this
method I can't hear them through my headset trying to contact me.  Please
help.