VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Groat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Groat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:30:48 -0800
Hello All,

I am looking for a software program that will transcribe a voice note to
text.

With using a voice note device such as the Victor Stream Reader to record a
voice note, I can move the file to the computer.  Then after moving the
voice file to the computer, I want to be able to convert/transcribe the file
to text without having to type it in.

The goal is to be able to record information that sighted people would write
down, such as an action item, contact information, etc.  Then be able to
convert that file into text for use in another application such as email,
the calendar, MS Word etc.

I know that Dragon is a voice to speech program, but I have been unable to
find out if it will transcribe a file such as a voice note.

I have only mention the Victor device as it does the voice notes, plays
music and ebooks.  I am open to any device as I am not committed to only
using the victor device.

If anyone knows a way to go from a voice note to text, I would greatly
appreciate knowing.

Thank you
Michael

Archived on the World Wide Web at