VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nan Hawthorne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nan Hawthorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:18:13 -0800
Brand new on this list.  Hope that was the correct use of the subject
prefix.  Be gentle.

Hi folks!  I'm wondering if any of you can help me find a piece of
software.  I have been searching for a project planning application that
allows me to accomplish the following:

        - set up distinct projects in separate files
        - map out steps in the project
        - schedule completion and follow-up reminders
        - store related data and notes

In other words, help me keep track of all these lovely irons in my fire!

I may be looking in the wrong place --- I've looked at "project
management"  software but the ones I've seen (and Project Manager Pro,
which I bought) seem to be more about creating nifty charts than anything
as comprehensive as I want.  Or am I just not understanding them?

I can't afford Microsoft Project!  I'm sure it's well worth it, but I have
no inside track on the Microsoft employee discount, alas.

I've used Outlook for this too but it ate many of my "journal"
entries.  There's a conflict with the adaptive software I use to make the
screen magnified.

I would love any recommendations you might have.

Thanks!

Nan Hawthorne     [log in to unmask]
Listmaster and Webmaster
9594 First Ave NE #413