VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:00:56 -0500
posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad

Environmentally,
It is much better to use the power management features on your computer.
This
1. Saves the components by putting them to sleep.
2. Saves power each time a machine and its components go to sleep.
3. Saves the necessity to produce more power since machines not really in
use are not just spinning and using power.

As we reach heights of power usage in our country, this becomes very
important.  California learned the hard way!

And besides, excess power generation pollutes the air!