VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Clever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Clever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:01:03 -0500
There are two devices that I am aware of, both available at
www.tigerdirect.com or by calling them at 1-800-888-4437.

They are the iRock Wireless Music Transmitter and the US Robotics
Soundlink Wireless Audio Delivery System. These two devices have
different appications, but have an FM transmitter in common. Below are
there descriptions from the tigerdirect website.

Beginning of iRock description.

iRock Wireless Music Transmitter

Link your favorite portable music player to your car or homestereo
without wires, without headaches. Simply plug the 300W into any audio
output source (MP3, CD, cassette player, PC or Laptop), choose one of
four FM frequencies, and tune your radio to that frequency. The irock!
300W transmits the audio from your player directly to your home or car
FM radio-no wires, no hassle. Beam your tunes!

Features:

Simple to use - Plug, Tune & Play

Full stereo sound

No tangled wires or clumsy cassette adapters
Specifications:

Compact Size: 2.0" x 3.0" x 1.0"

Antenna: Flexible 7" antenna folds around unit for storage

Audio Input Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Plug

Power Requirement: 2 AAA Alkaline batteries

Battery Life: 20 hours typical

Modulation: FM Stereo

Frequencies: 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7 MHz

Stereo separation: greater than 45 dB

Signal distortion: less than .5%

Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz

Operating range: 10-30 feet, depending on the quality of the FM radio
receiver
(limited by FCC regulations) FCC part 15 compliant

End of iRock description.

Beginning of Us Robotics Soundlink description.

US Robotics Soundlink Wireless Audio Delivery System

Release your MP3s from the confines of your computer and listen to them
on your stereo... in another room. Put your music where you want it.
Have the convenience of storing your music library on your computer or
MP3 player and use it as your personal jukebox while listening to the
playback on your stereo's receiver or portable FM radio.
Simply plug the SoundLink transmitter unit into your music source
(PC/MP3 player, DVD, etc.) and either plug the SoundLink receiver unit
into your stereo's audio input or tune your FM receiver to 88.1 or 88.3.

Features & Benefits:

Listen & enjoy Internet radio/audio on your home stereo

Wireless freedom to rebroadcast music where you are

Perfect for the home and workplace

Versatile usage scenarios such as:

PC/MP3 player to home stereo

PC/MP3 player to portable radio

Home stereo/CD player to FM radio

Compatible with any audio format

Operates on 900 MHz frequency

Long-range wireless transmission up to 1,000 feet

Compatible with any audio device's 3.5 mm or RCA output jack

Easy to set up and use

End of Us Robotics Soundlink description.

HTH