VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:15:20 -0600
In addition to the advice below, there was a discussion on this topic
about a year ago.  Please check the archives.  Also, there was a Main
Menu program devoted entirely to this very topic.  Although it is a
couple of years old, the basic approaches to using the computer that are
intrinsic to each program remain the same.

Also, realize that the development cycles for each program are slightly
different.  The major yearly update to JAWS occurs in the fall while it
happens in the spring for Window Eyes.  Therefore be careful on trying to
match a particular feature set at a specific point in time but consider
your access needs and the development cycle of the software.

Recognize that JAWS has the largest number of end users.  Consequently,
there are more configuration files available for it and more end user
support.

Kelly