VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 00:36:53 -0400
Someone's spreading it a bit thick. I've subscribed to Microsoft's
Insider group, which is how to download the technical releases for
review. I've installed a couple of the releases in virtual machines to
test and other than to browse or email you don't need to be online to
use it. I can say that Win-10 has reverted the desktop style to be much
more like Win-7 rather than Win-8. Microsoft does have a full-scale
monitoring program which sends them live feedback as you use the tech
releases so, for this reason it is best to stay online for them to
retrieve this live feedback. This live feedback is also a good reason
not to use it to do any online banking or anything else handling any of
your personal information.
I haven't tried any assistive software beyond a bit of enlargement in
the tech releases and it would probably be a grand idea for those who
rely on specialized AT to give it a whirl and give your feedback to
Microsoft. The tech releases aren't really dependable enough to use as
your primary system yet. There are some bugs to work out, which is why
the production release of Win-10 won't be released until later this
year. If you want to register for the Insider's group and try the review
releases of Win-10, it's best to install it in virtual machine programs
or if you have a spare computer with decent hardware you could perform
full installs on that. The intro link to the Insider group is
https://insider.windows.com/. They've also just announced a test release
of Win-10 for mobiles if anyone is into evaluating that.

--
This email has been sent by a Linux-Mint user and has not been checked
for viruses.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]