VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ana Garza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:51:18 -0800
If punctuation marks change when you hit the shift-ctrl combination, you
might be toggling through the keyboard settings for different languages.

I have my computer set to toggle between English and Spanish. when I set
that up, I had a couple of options for the keyboard hot key. I think one was
left shift+left alt and another was shift+alt (no reference to left or
right). I seem to remember that the third option involved the ctrl and shift
keys, but I can't swear on a stack of bibles. I don't have any trouble using
the shift+alt keys in combination with something else when in English mode,
and when in Spanish mode, I need to remember to use the left shift and left
alt for combinations that call for both of those keys plus something else.
The key is to press the keys at the same time.

I can't help you with Vista because I'm still running XP, but I'm thinking
you might want to go into the languages settings to check whether you've got
other languages (maybe French and Spanish) installed automatically. You
might want to turn them off or set up a different hot key.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]