VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Senk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Senk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:31:18 -0400
The list of sponsors listed on this page is impressive.  Is your group or
local organization linking to this page or listed among the sponsors?

--- Announcement ---

FROM LIGHTHOUSE, INC:
We are pleased to announce the launch of the National Vision
Rehabilitation Day (NVRD) web page at http://www.lighthouse.org/nvrd.html.
It is full of useful information and materials to help you promote NVRD,
vision rehabilitation, and legislation providing Medicare coverage of
vision rehabilitation.
Bookmark the page and visit frequently.

NVRD is off to a great start. Visitors to the web page will find 68
organizations on this year's National Roster of Co-Sponsors -- an increase
of 13 over last year. We are continuing to develop links to the
websites of participating organizations.  Please contact us if we can link
to your organization's website.

Spread the word about NVRD to the media, vision rehabilitation consumers,
and colleagues. Useful information on the website includes:

1.  What is National Vision Rehabilitation Day
2.  Q&A on rehabilitation services and devices and advocacy for Medicare
coverage
3.  Backgrounder on proposed Medicare legislation to cover vision
rehabilitation services

You'll find everything you need to promote NVRD and the proposed Medical
legislation on the NVRD website. Easily adapted materials include:

1.  Sample press release
2.  How to use sample editorial and op-ed article
3.  Editorial and pitch letter
5.  Op Ed article
6.  Public Service Announcements (PSA's) and pitch letter

By working together, we can extend awareness for vision rehabilitation.
Here's how you can participate:

1.  Use the materials on the web page
http://www.lighthouse.org/nvrd.html to conduct your own public awareness
campaign for NVRD and pending legislation of Medicare coverage of vision
rehabilitation services.

2.  Feature National Vision Rehabilitation Day, Wednesday, September 15,
1999 on your website, in flyers, newsletters, calendar listings and
other printed materials.

The new website replaces the printed kits we sent out in prior years.
Please e-mail us if we can provide additional help or information.

For information, contact [log in to unmask] We encourage reciprocal
linking. Contact [log in to unmask] Bookmark the NVRD web page
http://www.lighthouse.org/nvrd.html

Thanks to everyone for your support and participation.  Together, we can
make the fifth annual National Vision Rehabilitation Day the most
successful ever!

Sincerely,

Mary Stine
Vice President