VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:19:00 -0400
Hi all,

My computer guy, Rick, just gave me a tip on how to speed up web page

Fire Fox, by default, sends (also known as transfers, data), back to
Mozilla, and it slows down web pages loading, because it's doing the
transfer. We're going to turn it off, and here's how, I did a how to
write up, and it's pasted in below!

how to make fire fox stop transfering data
1. launch fire fox.
2. press alt for the menu.
3. Right arrow over to tools
4. up arrow to options and press enter.
5. press shift tab till it says list, general.
6. Now down arrow to privacy and security and press enter.
7. Now, tab down to allow fire fox to send technical and interaction
data to mozilla, and it is a checkbox, and press spacebar to uncheck the
checkbox.
8. Now, press alt f4 to close Fire fox.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at