VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:03:10 -0400
Hi there:
Automatic bullets and numbering can be permanently disabled in MS Word 2000
by doing the following:
1.  When in Word, press alt T for the tools menu and cursor down to
autoformatting, then press enter.
2.  Press alt O to open the Options dialog.
3.  Press control plus tab twice to access the "Autoformat as you type"
property sheet.
4.  Tab to automatic bulleted lists.  if the option is checked, uncheck it,
do this by pressing the space bar.
5.  Press the tab key once more to locate Automatic numbered lists and,
similarly, if this item is checked, uncheck it by pressing the space bar.
6.  Press the tab key until "Replace smart quotes with straight quotes" is
located.  If this is checked, uncheck by using the space bar.
7.  Press the enter key to close the dialog and save the changes.
Finally, press the tab key until the Close button is located and then press
enter.

This should solve your problem.

Bestest:
DOREEN YALE.