VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:08:30 -0500
Hello fellow listers:

Wonder if anyone can help.  Previously, I quite happily and successfully
used "control x" and "control v" to move files and folders around on my hard
drive, and from my hard drive to other drives, but for some reason, this no
longer works.  The "cut and paste" feature operates just fine when used to
clip portions of text.  However, I'll highlight a folder, hit "control x",
and nothing happens; ditto when I hit the applications key and arrow up to
the "cut" selection.

I'm using windows millennium on a 700MHz system; 256MB ram (that's not the
problem; the files I've attempted to move are much smaller than that); am
also using JAWS 4.51.

Is there some crazy setting that disables the "cut and paste" feature for
files and folders.  I can't imagine why it doesn't work the way it did, and
can not fathom anything I deliberately or contrivedly did to create this
unwelcome situation.

Thank for any help, suggestions, etc.

John McCann