VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:11:29 -0500
Hello.

I have a friend who is using an old but wonderfully fast HP 3P scanner with
an Advansys SCSI card.  I believe she was using Deskscan 2.8 from HP and
everything worked well.  She is using OpenBook 5.0.  She recently upgraded
from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 and now the scanner will not work and I am
trying to help her by phone.  Should she be using Deskscan 2.9?  Will she
need a Windows 2K driver for the SCSI card, which I guess she now needs to
get from Initio?  How can we tell exactly which particular card she is using
... I am using the same scanner with what I think is the same card and I
can't find a way to see which card I am using.  Any help I can get from any
of you is appreciated.

             Godspeed,
    David Goldfield

          http://www.davidgoldfield.com