VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:46:35 -0700
Hi folks,
Harry again with a question.
I have a friend who uses narrator with windows XP.
He presses ctrl+shift+space bar and it does read down
a web page just fine.  However, the problem is, if he
presses ctrl to stop it from speaking so he can take a
break or something and then come back to the computer,
when he uses the ctrl+shft+space bar command it
doesn't start reading where he left off.  Instead, it
goes back up to the top of the web page and reads from
the beginning.  This is time wasting, and I'm
wondering if anyone knows of a command he can use to
get it to start reading from where he stopped on the
web page?
I know enter doesn't work because it opens a new web
page.  Other ideas?
Harry