VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:12:37 +0100
Hello Everett

The RNIB (Royal National Institute for the Blind) here in the UK has a
description of the different types of assistive technology available along
with individual factsheets about each type of technology.  These factsheets
contain information about purchasing such equipment and list suppliers and
average prices (in Sterling). You can find this glossary at
http://www.rnib.org.uk/technology/glossary.htm.  If you then need
information on suppliers (in the UK and US), there is an alphabetical list
of suppliers at http://www.rnib.org.uk/technology/factsheets/suppliers.htm
but you need to know who you're looking for first.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Sharon

Sharon Perry
Accessibility SIG Co-ordinator
CETIS (Centre for Educational Technology Interoperability Standards)
website: www.cetis.ac.uk/accessibility