VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jacob Joehl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jacob Joehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:43:42 -0500
I read the book referred to in Jonathan's message, "People of Vision: A
History of the American Council of the Blind." This was before Charlie
Crawford's resignation came to light and after the departure of Jonathan
Mosen. Therefore, Mr. Crawford's resignation came as a surprise to me. I
have heard speeches given by both him and ACB current President Chris Gray,
and they both seem very articulate. I may be mistaken about this, but it
seems that they both did/do a great job. I have given a great deal of
thought to joining ACB but I never seem to be able to make it to any
meetings. Now, however, I'm beginning to sort of regret the thought. To each
his own, but in my opinion there's just way too much bickering in both the
ACB and the NFB. I suppose I will give this some more thought.
Jacob