VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Penny Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Penny Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:03:06 -0400
Dear Eileen and others,  Once, when I was first learning to use Windows
(3.1 at that point) and JFW--I had been an Artic user, with DOS before--I
called HJ because I couldn't figure out how to tell if a word was being
printed in bold or not.  The tech. guy at the other end of the line
answered my questions about how could I tell if a word was bod or not, and
when bold was on or off, by saying, "I don't know--I'm blind!"

I use JFW with Windows 95, and, when HJ finds a record of my SMA, I will
be upgrading to 3.3.  Usually, however, when I have a question, I rely on
friends who are more technically experienced than I am, instead of calling
H.J. for tech. support!

Penny

Penny Reeder