VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 21:55:33 +0000
Greetings,

No, I don't.

There will always be satelite radio, I am sure radio broadcast over the air
will remain in some form.

I certainly would not like to be restricted to online only, I enjoy the
freedom of being able to carry my portable around and listen to good quality
(at present mostly fm) as I reckon the DAB we use in the UK is inferior to
the systems now being ported in Europe (DAB Plus) but maybe in time, we will
adopt the better system, giving a much truer sound, better, even than our
current fm facilities, which, I believe are very good considering it is now
quite a deal over fifty years old!