VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Dekker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Dekker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:21:17 -0600
As far as MicroSoft, or Pulse data, or whatever goes, I can't help but ask
the question:

How does all the whining on these lists about what we don't have, or what a
company didn't do that they said they'd do really change anything!  Isn't it
sort o' like "preaching to the choir"?  Or, put another way, I guess I'm
just wondering how many of the people who ultimately make the decisions
about these things actually monitor these lists?  After all, we need all the
available energy directed to the political process if change is going to
happen.  Otherwise, the corporate world will do its usual -- continuing to
look after its own interests, ignoring as much to do with special needs as
it can get away with.  Better that our energies be directed to developing
strategies for taking action to affect change.

Now I'm not very savvy in the political department and I'm the first to say
it.  But "whining blind" syndrome sure gets boring after a while, and I
don't think it accomplishes squat!

Tom Dekker
Access Technology Consultant
f/t Blind and Reading-Disabled