VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:22:52 -0700
Hi, Dorris and all.

While I don't know the Windowize-specific commands (I use JAWS), the steps I detail below involve the use of Microsoft commands so there shouldn't be any differences between the two systems here. I should also note that I have the settings on my computers set up for Windows Classic. Anyway, here are my steps.

1) Go to the Start menu.

2) Press "S" for settings (it should be the first S up after "Set Programs and Defaults").

3) Press "c" for "Control Panel" and then "Enter".

4) Press "f" for "Folder Options" and press "Enter".

5) Press Shift+tab once so that your system says "General".

6) Press the right-arrow key once so that your screenreader says "View".

7) Press the "tab" key twice to where the screenreader says "Files and Folders".

8) Press the center down arrow key 10 times until you hear "Show Hidden Files and Folders-Off".

9) Press the spacebar to turn this function on.

10) Press the tab key twice (where the screenreader says "OK") or 4 times (where the screenreader says "Apply" and press Enter.

11) If you pressed the "Apply" button, you will have to press the "OK" button after it.

I hope this helps.

Ted Chittenden