VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Duane S. Farrar" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane S. Farrar
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 08:46:20 -0500
Hi Everett,

I used to run into a similar problem when I sent out an email newsletter for
a nonprofit organization. My computer setup was/is much like yours. It
definitely has to do with the accessibility and color settings for Win
XP/IE?OE and the recipient's computer settings, but I was never able to come
up with a definitive reason. In these occasional situations the only
solution I found was to temporarily switch my display settings to the
Windows standard scheme and resend the email. It only happened with a few
people out of several hundred. The text was always there, it was just black
on black. The recipient could also do a "Select All" and copy and paste the
text into Word or Notepad to read it.

Now that I don't have any useable vision and am totally reliant on a screen
reader, my display and color settings are the classic Windows settings (this
is for my sighted wife's benefit) and I've never run into that problem
again.

Hope this helps,

Duane