VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2017 14:45:40 -0500
Hi all,

Well folks, yours truly, had no windows sounds playing on my computer.

Well, stumbling around the sound section of the control panel, I found
out how to get those wonderful sounds back, and those soundsĀ  tell
computer users many things!

Here's my write up on it, and I can tell you that this is going into my
what to do section of my computer notebook folder!

see below,

Harry

what to do if you have no windows sounds playing on your computer
step 1. press the windows key, and the search box should pop up.
step 2. type cont
and the control pannel icon pops up, and you then press enter.
step 3. type the letters so
and the sound icon pops up, and you then press enter.
step 4. You are now on a playback, dialogue and it says sound dialogue,
playback page, select a playback device below to modify its settings,
and you press shift tab to go to the list of pages, and you'll be on the
playback tab.
step 5. Now, right arrow 2 times and you'll be on the sounds tab.
step 6. Now, press tab 1 time, and it will say sound scheme: no sound.
step 7. Now, down arrow 1 time, and it will say Windows default.
step 8. Now, tab down to ok button, and press spacebar or enter.
Now, Windows sounds should be working!

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]