VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Visually Impaired Pittsburgh Area Computer Enthusiasts! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:40:37 -0400
more info is at www.talkingcomputers.com  and the show may be heard on
KQV's realaudio at www.kqv.com

The next VIPACE (Visually Impaired Pittsburgh Area Computer
Enthusiasts!) meeting is scheduled for Friday October 16, 1998 from
6 to 8 pm.

Place:
University of Pittsburgh
William Pitt Student Union, room 609
3959 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA (in the Oakland section of the city)

Presentation:
Our guest speaker, Mark Bursiz, is host of the computer talkshow
"Talking Computers" heard every Tuesday at 7:00 pm on AM radio KQV
1410. Mark Bursiz owns a computer consulting company named CORE
Consulting. Mark is familiar with IBM voice recognition software, as
well as artificial intelligence.

You can contact Talking Computers with your computer questions via
phone @ 412-333-9385 or email, [log in to unmask]

-----
The following information was taken from the Talking Computers web page.
(www.talkingcomputers.com)

Mark Bursic has been involved in computer technology since 1979. He is
a cross-platform programmer, with experience in almost every type of
personal computering. Mark's background includes a Communication
degree from the University of Pittsburgh, and computer experience
since he got his first TI 99 4a  at age 11. Mark is a self-proclaimed
computer nerd with a fascination for teaching novices. His company,
web sites, and radio program are all catered to teaching computer
illiterates.

He currently is the owner of CORE Consulting, a Pittsburgh based
computer consulting firm. The picture is from his weekly radio show
Talking Computers, and he is also the webmaster of Pittsburgh Bash
(http://www.pittsburgh-pa.com). Mark has taught over ten thousand
novices mostly at local Borders Book Stores and at Sears stores
located in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus. His
consulting company has also worked with clients in the areas
including: IBM Global Services, Lucent Technologies, Alternative
Resources Corporation, Forest City Management, Consolidated Natural
Gas, DiCesare Engler Corp, Pittsburgh Plate Glass, Liberty Center, The
David L. Lawrence Convention Center, A-air Corporation, Strategic
Images Advertising Agency, Stukski and Ottmanns Public Relations,
Intergroup Communications, Pittsburgh Federation for Events and
Promotions, the Vintage Grand Prix, and Station Square.

Mark is available for speaking engagements for all types of groups.
Please contact CORE Consulting to book an appearance from Mark at
(412) 761-7966.

-----
All my life I've been asked computer questions. Its probably because
I've used computers my whole life, practically. Or maybe its because
I fit so perfectly into that little Matthew Broderick, War Games,
computer nerd type stereotype. Who knows. But I get asked a lot of
questions. Questions about what to buy, questions about how to use
particular software, and questions about what is going to happen to
this or that technology. Looking back at all my answers, I've come to
the conclusion that being an authority of computer knowledge is a
dangerous thing, i.e., I've not always been right! But, fortunately, I
haven't been that wrong either. Some people have benefited from my
knowledge, and that's great.  The beauty of knowledge is that it is an
inexhaustible resource. I can give you as much of it as you want, and
still retain all of it for myself. So I've designed the web space to
give you a sample of the benefits of my computer experience. You see,
since 1993, I've made my living by accumulating and selling knowledge.
It is my job to find answers to computer questions. My goal is to
become a resource for novice computer users. Yes, novices. So if you
already know everything about computers, bug-off! -- this site is not
for you. I don't need nerds hogging up all my bandwidth. If you are a
novice and looking for a little information, read on. It may not
always be useful, but hopefully it will give you insight into this
strange cyberworld of computers and technology.

The opinions posted on this web site are that of Mark Bursic and Core
Consulting. And they are just that, opinions. ....etc.