VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:36:18 -0400
Hello again DMF, Jackie along with those hotkey fans.

It would help if I knew what type of list you wanted to choose your items
from.

Is your list in a word document?

Or

Are you trying to choose items from your inbox in say Outlook Express?

The keys you would be using are your navigation; arrow, home, end page up
and page down keys along with shift and control. These would be Windows
keystrokes and would be independent of your screen reader program unless
there is a conflict.

What I was thinking about is say I have a list of emails in my inbox. By
holding down the control key and Using my left mouse button:

 I can select or highlight each item on the list by left clicking.

Say I have tem items in my inbox.

I want to highlight items 3, 7, and 9. All I would need to do using my mouse
would be to hold down the control key wile left clicking items 3, 7, and 9.
How would one do such a thing using the keys alone?

Keystrokes shift with up or down arrow will highlight items in such a list.

Also keystrokes control, shift with up or down arrow will highlight items in
such a list.

Using control key with up or down arrow will move up or down the list
without highlighting the items.

So if anyone out there is still following me, I can start by highlighting
item 10 in my list. Hold down the control key up arrow five times to item
five, then control, shift up arrow one time to highlight items 4 through 10

After all this I am not sure I am following any of this.

Here is still another listing for hot keys

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301583