VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Senk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Senk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:23:19 -0700
quoting "Karyl Loux<[log in to unmask]>
There are many very valuable questions
> asked here that lots of us could benefit from the answers.  I find it too
> bad that I see so many folks denied the information because of how this
list
> is set up.

Hi,

I'm one of the list moderators and it seems that the main reason people
leave the list is because the volume of messages becomes too large.
Long ago, the list was limited to 10 messages per day and we now have over
500 list members.

If only 2 out of a hundred people answered a question, the list's limited
bandwidth would be filled to capacity.

There is a simple solution.  The person who poses a question should collect
the answers and send a follow up message with a summary of replies or the
best answer.  I hope list members agree that 2 messages on a subject are
better than lots of duplicates or even potentially incorrect replies.

Opposing points of view welcome, but use private e-mail.